250 West Street Suite 100, Columbus, OH 43215
Mindstream Interactive is a fully integrated customer experience agency with roots deep in digital marketing. Based in Columbus, Ohio, we work with amazing clients across the U.S. and Canada. Creating meaningful brand interactions is never far from our thoughts, nor are the virtues of learning and innovation. We are looking for an Associate Director of Account Services to join our growing team.
The Associate Director ensures that client needs are met by maintaining an effective level of direct contact with clients and by monitoring and guiding account managers’ activities. The Associate Director bears responsibility for the account’s growth and profitability, and for mentorship of the account managers.
This person needs a solid background in mid- to senior-level marketing positions and/or demonstrated superior performance as an account manager. Advanced verbal and written communications skills, strategic and analytical thinking, personal organization and interpersonal dynamics are required skills. The Associate Director must be a capable personnel manager, with team-building skills and mentoring abilities. A clear understanding of today’s marketing and advertising business and a keen sense of entrepreneurship are essential.
- Ensures client relations are positive and stable; and that the AVP is immediately informed of any potential problems with client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Reviews current strategies and recommends new strategies and improvements in conjunction with the Executive Portfolio Director and AVP
- Reviews campaign conceptual directions to ensure strategic marketing objectives remain in focus.
- Participates in key client meetings as a representative of the agency management team.
- Ensures client needs are properly and efficiently staffed
- Reviews major strategy, UX, creative and development strategies before delivery to clients, in conjunction with the Executive Portfolio Director and AVP
- Accountable for staying within agreed upon budget and informing client or practice team lead of any changes to scope/assumptions/issues that arise on the project and makes recommendations on how to proceed
- Collaborate with the project team to identify and analyze risks and determine mitigation plans
- Responsible for the project deliverable and project completion sign-off from the client
- Drive towards successful completion of the agreed upon project deliverables within scope, time and budget with quality while consistently exceeding client expectations
- Champions and consistently employs, improves and shares account management processes, standards, templates and best practices
- Ensures that the account services team maintains a consistent high caliber of client service, developing a strong bond of partnership with clients to ensure their retention and to grow the accounts
- Works with the account managers to identify opportunities to increase business from existing clients and support the team in efforts to procure new business
- Meets with members of account services team on a regular basis to review their activities
- Guides account services team members in career and skills development
- 4-Year degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, or related field, or equivalent combination of education plus experience
- 6+ years’ experience, agency-side, managing online marketing accounts and projects, to include interactive & digital media, search marketing, traditional media, branding, website design & development, and email marketing
- Superior interpersonal skills, able to work effectively with clients and team members
- Demonstrates positive attitude and constructive problem-solving approach
- Superior organizational skills
- Presentation skills, confident & comfortable speaking to clients
- Strategic and creative thinker and planner who also is highly skilled with managing details
- Flexible and able to quickly adapt in a rapidly changing environment, while consistently maintaining a positive attitude and outlook
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present information in verbal, written or visual form to a variety of audiences, from the internal team to client executives
- Able to work independently
- Ability to balance the demands of a variety of clients and readily readjust priorities in response to pressing and changing client requests
- Deals effectively with others in both favorable and unfavorable situations regardless of status of position
- Knowledge of project management concepts, methodologies and tools
- Understanding of the role of QA processes in the overall project success
- Ability to work collaboratively in creative and technical environments while keeping projects on schedule and within budgeted allowance
- Ability to lead well under pressure and to lead a project team to ensure deadlines and budget are met while exceeding clients’ expectations
- Ability to effectively create project plans based on the needs of the project
- Ability to tailor communications approach based on the situation
- Must possess excellent decision-making skills for problem identification and solution recommendation
- Must be self-motivated and have strong effective problem-solving skills
- Experience with and working knowledge of Microsoft Project (or a similar project management tool), PowerPoint and Excel
- Having working knowledge of Jira and Content Management System(s) is a plus, but not required